Harding University’s Center For Learning With Technology presents the 2016 Faculty Technology Showcase on Thursday, September 15 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on the 2nd floor of the Burks American Heritage Building. We have a wonderful agenda and outstanding speakers planned for the day.
No more giveaway bags left but the fun is not over. Register, attend and play using our gameboard for a chance to win the grand prize: a Yeti Mic! There will be other drawings done throughout the Showcase.
Lunch reservations will close on August 26.
The purpose of this blog is to generate topic ideas for sessions, where instructional designers or anyone involved with faculty development and online learning get together to discuss issues surrounding the broad topic of technology integration in the classroom. In order to narrow the scope of this session, we would like to throw out some of the topics that are most important to us right now and to hear what are the pressing concerns of our peers at our sister schools. We hope that this discussion will generate a list of topics of interest to all concerned that we can then explore at length, when we meet in February.
If you would, please list each topic as a separate post, so that discussion can be more organized and interest in each topic can be determined more accurately. Remember, we do not want to start discussing the topics at length in this venue, so please limit responses to why the topic would or would not be of interest.
- Basic guidelines for online course design
- Recalibrating established online courses
- Audio/visual production support
- Lecture capture support successes and struggles
- What have you found to be the most successful methods to get faculty buy-in for integrating technology into their courses
- What are you doing regarding faculty and adjunct preparation/training, requirements/policies/guidelines, and support for new online teachers.